Discovery Days – King Tides
Visit the Outdoor Connection Trailside Learning Center at Wetlands Edge for Discovery Days, our 2024 community nature exploration series!
Stop by The Outdoor Connection to learn about California’s annual King Tides, what causes them, and how they impact our local wetlands. Planned activities include a social observation walk out to Glass Beach to observe the unusually high tides as well as hands-on nature science activities inside The Outdoor Connection. Special guests from the Sierra Club Napa Group will be on-site to answer questions about King Tides and sea level rise.
Social hike will leave the trailhead at 12:00 pm to observe and document the impact of the tidal event on our local wetlands. Participants are encouraged to bring their cell phones & cameras to capture the event for sharing on the California Coastal Commissions King Tides Project. www.coastal.ca.gov/kingtides/learn.html
This free event is open to the public and appropriate for all ages. For more information, visit www.acparks.org to learn more. Discovery Days features FREE hands-on learning opportunities for all ages focused on a range of nature & environmental science topics.
- The Press Democrat: New ecology center project moves forward in American Canyon
- The ACCPF Outdoor Connection Featured in the Napa Valley Give!Guide
- Napa Valley Register: American Canyon maintenance yard to be transformed into Napa River Ecology Center
- Thompson Honors Janelle Sellick as 2023 Napa County Climate Crisis Champion
- American Canyon City Council Approves Lease Term Sheet for Napa River Ecology Center